We understand that your privacy and the security of your personal information is important. This notice sets out what we do with your personal information, what we do to keep it secure, from where and how we collect it, as well as your rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you.
This policy applies if you interact with us by telephone, online, at events or otherwise by using any of our websites or communicate with us on social media.
- Your Data
- What personal information do we hold?
- Information that you provide to us such as your name, address, date of birth, telephone number, email address, and any feedback you give to us, including by phone, email, post, or when you communicate with us via social media.
- Information about the services that we provide to you.
- Information on the show results related to your business.
- Your membership login to access the member portal, including your user name and chosen password.
- Information about whether or not you want to receive marketing communications from us.
- Information about any device you have used to access our website and apps (such as your device’s make and model, browser or IP address) and also how you use our products and services.
- Your contact details and details of the emails and other electronic communications you receive from us, including whether that communication has been opened and if you have clicked on any links within that communication. We want to make sure that our communications are useful for you, so if you don’t open them or don’t click on any links in them, we know we need to make improvements.
- Information from other sources such vets, breed societies, consultants, tag companies, and social media providers, as well as information that is publicly available.
- How we collect data
We may collect and process Your Data in the following circumstances:
- When you join as a member;
- When you make an enquiry by phone or email
- Whenever you or a third party provide Your Data on an online form
- When you contact us via our social media platforms
- Whenever you provide Your Data to us when reporting a problem, making a complaint, making an enquiry or contacting us for any other reason;
- How do we use your personal information?
There are a number of ways in which we use your personal information, depending on how you interact with us. We may use your information in the following ways:
- To provide you with information on services available to you.
- To notify you about business news, events and changes within WHFF.
- To undertake analysis and profiling to help us understand more about our members.
- To process and deal with any complaints or enquiries made by you
- To contact you about your membership and events. We may also contact you in relation to any questions you have raised with us or to discuss your membership or account.
- To investigate any suspected breach of terms of service by or otherwise relating to you
- Retention of data
- Where you are a member we retain Your Data for as long as you remain an active member. Where you decide to cancel your membership your membership will be de-activated and Your Data will remain on our secure systems for 6 years to comply with audit regulations.
- Where you have subscribed to receive marketing correspondence from us we will keep your personal data for marketing purposes whilst your membership remains active. This is subject to exercising your right to unsubscribe from receiving such correspondence at any time.
- Supplier Data
If you are one of our suppliers we will collect details such as a contact name, email address, telephone number and bank details in order to contact you about goods and/or services we have ordered from you, to place further orders and to pay you for the goods or services supplied.
- If you fail to provide personal data
Where we need to collect personal data by law or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide the data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with services). In this case, we may have to cancel a service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
In addition to the uses described in sections 4, we may also use Your Data for our legitimate interests including for marketing, market research and related purposes, such as:
- Providing you with information about our services, or related services from sponsors or other third parties via email/post/telephone/text which may be of interest to you;
- Asking you to participate in market research, for example surveys about topical issues, our services and products. We will always try to tell you before you participate in a survey how any information you provide in the survey will be used.
- You have a right to opt-out of receiving any marketing information (from ourselves and/or a third party) at any time. To opt-out of receiving such information you can:
Amend your preferences accordingly on our membership.
- Disclosure of Your Data to Third Parties
In addition to the third parties mentioned above, we may disclose Your Data to third parties for our legitimate interests as follows:
- To our employees and agents to administer your membership
- To payment providers to process online payments for services
- HM Revenue and Customs, regulators and other authorities who require reports of processing activities in certain circumstances
- Marketing organisations to assist with the distribution of our marketing correspondence
- To delivery companies for the supply of products
- To a third party who either acquires or attempts to acquire all or substantially all of the assets in our company, or our website whether by merger, acquisition, reorganisation or otherwise.
- To the police, regulatory bodies or legal advisers in connection with any alleged criminal offence or suspected breach of the Terms of Service or where we are under a duty to disclose or share Your Data in order to comply with any legal obligation
- To governing and representative bodies of the dairy and agricultural industry
- Data Security
Where you have a password which enables you to access certain parts of our online portals, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- Links to other websites
Our website at times will include links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these when you leave our group websites and we encourage you to read the privacy notice/policy of every website you visit.
- Access to Data
You have a right to request access to the personal data that we hold about you. This could include information relating to you membership and services you have used. If you would like to request a copy of your personal data, please contact us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rectification of Data
If any of the personal data that we hold about you is incorrect, you have a right to request that we correct this. To notify us of any corrections please contact us by email to email@example.com
- Deletion of Data
You have a right to request us to erase any data that we hold about you, or to object to our use and processing of your data. If the only lawful basis on which we can process your personal data is that you have given your consent, we are obliged to comply with your request. In other circumstances, we may need to continue to hold and process your data (for example where needed for safety, security or legal purposes, or to protect our legitimate interests). If this is the case, we will notify you of the reason. If you would like to exercise this right for deletion of data please contact us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Right to withdraw consent
Where you have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal data, you may withdraw that consent at any time. This will not affect the lawfulness of data processing based on consent before it is withdrawn. To withdraw your consent please contact us by email to email@example.com
- Data Protection
- All emails to World Holstein Friesian Federation (WHFF) are communications to the company and are not private or confidential to any named individual.
- Contact Us
This is in addition to your right to contact the Information Commissioners Office if you are unsatisfied with our response to any issues you raise at https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us
WHFF Ltd – A Company Registered in England and Wales – No 6752464
Josephs Well, Suite 2c, Hanover Walk, Leeds, England, LS3 1AB© Copyright World Holstein Friesian Federation (WHFF)
All Rights Reserved. E&OE
Last updated April 2023